Location: London, we work in our Clerkenwell offices on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays, with Mondays & Fridays from home (unless a project dictates otherwise!).
Reports To: Client Development Director
About Set Creative
We are a creatively-led experiential agency. For over 17 years, we’ve proudly been conceiving, designing, and delivering memorable experiences that connect people with the world's leading brands.
We’re proud to work with Bentley, Google, Castrol, Mazda, HSBC, and many more.
We have homes in New York, London, Portland, and Detroit as well as many other places to stay thanks to our WPP family.
We believe pride is the basis of all great work. It has the power to smash targets, build reputations, attract talent and get the world talking. Our people take great pride in all they do, and our clients get work they’re proud of.
To ensure we achieve pride in everything we do, we have a guiding set of principles:
- We respect our people - Whether you’re a partner or a freelancer, we give everyone the treatment and respect they deserve. And we celebrate and value all the things that make us individuals.
- We embrace DEI - We understand the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion to our business and society. We’re working to be better in how we deliver events, how we spend and how we recruit
- We act with integrity - When we take on a project, we’re up front about how much it costs, and will never make promises we can’t keep. If a piece of work isn’t right for us or our clients, we’ll say so, then work together to find a solution.
- We strive for sustainability - From the materials we use, to the communities we work with, we strive to reduce our environmental impact and run a more sustainable business.
- We sweat the collaboration -We work collaboratively with our partners to make each and every campaign the best it can be, doing whatever it takes to shine at our bit, whilst helping our partners to shine at theirs.
The New Business manager will take responsibility for lead generation and the targeting of potential clients. You will be responsible for planning, implementing and measuring new business and outreach efforts for Set Creative - UK.. Working with the Client Development Director you will be responsible for identifying & winning net new clients. From lead generation through to pitch you will be integral to achieving agency growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the Client Development Director to identify net-new sales targets including industries, sectors and specific clients/brands.
- Focus on development of net new client opportunities from outreach to brief to pitch.
- Ability to qualify new business opportunities as they are received
- Ability to establish & maintain relationships with senior client management, executive teams, and procurement teams
- Ability to establish & maintain relationships with all the agency team, valuing their roles and collaborating with them all
Net New Business
- Working with the Client Development director to identify opportunities / industries / accounts and then lead on outreach and brief generation.
- Lead proactive outreach opportunities to attract potential clients and brands.
- Drive prospecting efforts to identify and engage with new business opportunities
- Qualify leads and open the selling process by engaging in discussions with clients regarding their business needs and Set Creative’s ability to deliver solutions to address those needs.
- Work with Marketing Manager to focus marketing efforts on sector and industry targets
- Work with wider company teams to complete RFI and RFP documents.
- Develop a strong and efficient process for handling Request for Information (RFI) submissions.
- Supporting the Client Development Director in building relationships within the WPP group to allow us to find opportunities within established group clients
- Where needed, attending group networking opportunities as a representative of the agency to raise awareness of our offering within the group
Ultimately the split of time between these areas will vary depending on the opportunities at any given time. In terms of priority, this role should consider Net New Business the priority..
- 5 years of experience growing, marketing, generating & winning new business in a relevant agency environment
- Experienced, confident, and articulate in the work of experiential marketing
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to easily form relationships with prospective clients.
- Friendly demeanor and ability to be the initial point of contact for prospective clients
- Proven ability to manage a sales cycle
- Ability to effectively and appropriately interact with co-workers at a variety of levels, across many disciplines
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of clients
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
- Exceptional initiative and follow-through skills
We focus on keeping the ‘work’ confined to a happy balance with the rest of our team’s lives. We do our best work when we’re motivated and contented individuals.
Employees must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are dedicated to client satisfaction, and we deliver a high volume of work, often on tight timelines. Some travel should be expected.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary £40-60k (subject to relevant experience)
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (we also shut between Christmas and New Year)
- Pension and healthcare are available following the completion of a successful probation period
- Relaxed and friendly agency environment in Clerkenwell
- Thursday drinks and nibbles in the office
- Working from home every Monday and Friday
- Summer and Christmas parties
If you think you'd be a great fit for this role then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies please.