We are a creatively led experiential agency. For over 17 years, we’ve proudly been conceiving, designing, and delivering memorable experiences that connect people with the world's leading brands.
We’re proud to work with Brooks Running, Google, Goldman Sachs, Mazda, Shopify, and many more.
We have homes in New York, London, and Portland as well as many other places to stay thanks to our WPP family.
We believe pride is the basis of all great work. It has the power to smash targets, build reputations, attract talent and get the world talking. Our people take great pride in all they do, and our clients get work they’re proud of.
To ensure we achieve pride in everything we do, we have a guiding set of principles:
- We respect our people. Whether you’re a partner or a freelancer, we give everyone the treatment and respect they deserve. And we celebrate and value all the things that make us individuals.
- We embrace DEI. We understand the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion to our business and society. We’re working to be better in how we deliver events, how we spend and how we recruit.
- We act with integrity. When we take on a project, we’re up front about how much it costs, and will never make promises we can’t keep. If a piece of work isn’t right for us or our clients, we’ll say so, then work together to find a solution.
- We strive for sustainability. From the materials we use, to the communities we work with, we strive to reduce our environmental impact and run a more sustainable business.
- We sweat the collaboration. We work collaboratively with our partners to make each and every campaign the best it can be, doing whatever it takes to shine at our bit, whilst helping our partners to shine at theirs.
This Client Services team’s primary function is to build, maintain, and develop the working relationship between Set Creative and its clients. It does this by:
- Acting as the client’s voice during the development of Set Creative’s work – so we can be more confident in meeting the client’s needs.
- Acting as Set Creative’s primary representative at an account (as opposed to project) level: communicating our recommendations, translating our expertise, and ensuring our financial objectives are being met.
The Account Director is responsible for proactively developing a group of sustained client relationships in service to solving Set Creative’s clients’ business problems through the development of effective brand experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Proactively develops and sustains ongoing client relationships that create brand experience opportunities that drive annual revenue targets.
- Develops a deep understanding of the client and its industry; its business initiatives, industry trends, competitive landscape, and marketplace dynamics.
- Understands how the client is organized, key players, and its working relationships.
- Proactively brings forth business-building ideas, strategies, and solutions for clients.
- Establishes relationships with senior client management, executive teams, and procurement.
- Develops and updates annual Account Plans designed to grow opportunities and revenue with existing clients proactively.
- Identifies opportunities for key leadership to participate in annual account planning meetings or other high-level meetings.
- Leads an interdisciplinary team (including strategy, creative, content, technology, and delivery) to develop successful experiential programs to assigned clients.
- Works with interdisciplinary teams to develop, manage, and negotiate approvals of proposals and Statement of Works before commencing work.
- Leads and provides insight to an interdisciplinary team (including strategy, creative, technology, and production) to deliver experiential projects/programs for clients that are on time, on budget, and at margins acceptable to the agency.
- Ensures their team accurately represents billing milestones in financial billing systems and works with Finance to approve timely project billing.
- Tracks and shares overall client financial health with internal leadership and provides solutions for increasing margins if necessary in cooperation with production.
- Other responsibilities and duties as needed.
Who We’re Looking For
The list of qualifications includes the minimum qualifications necessary for any new employee for this position, such as specific prior work experience, certifications/licenses, technical knowledge of software, machinery, or tools, and physical abilities such as relevant lifting, bending, walking, and/or stooping.
- Senior level experience in client services within the experiential marketing space.
- Proven experience in selling agency work – cross-selling, up-selling with existing clients, and in new business situations.
- High-level strategic thinker with a clear understanding of marketing and engagement.
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to articulate strategic creative solutions to high-level clients, from Directors to C-suite.
- Strong written and visual communicator with expert presentation skills.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of creative and strategy.
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tangible programs and deliverables.
- Ability to craft, write, and own new business proposals.
- Strong interpersonal skills (open, friendly, patient, pragmatic and supportive attitude).
- Effective team member and team leader.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. We do a high volume of work, often on tight timelines and our dedication to client satisfaction is uncompromising. Some travel should be expected.
What We Offer
Benefits are an important part of your everyday life. Set Creative is pleased to offer a comprehensive program of benefits and perks to help maintain the overall health and well-being of employees and their family members including:
- Medical Plan/Rx/Alternative Care
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- Transportations & Parking Benefits
- Employee Assistance Plans
- Life/AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Communication Reimbursement
- Paid Company Holidays & PTO Package
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Environment
In addition, we also offer Flexible Time Off to applicable positions for above and beyond hours worked.
Employee must be able to thrive in a highly-creative, fast-paced environment; we juggle a lot of projects for a lot of clients across a lot of industries – all at the same time. As a client-services based industry, we are dedicated to delivering for our clients and for their audience. We understand creative genius can strike at any moment and that the creative process benefits from inspiration; we encourage our creative team members to openly communicate their working styles and to share real-world inspiration with their colleagues. Though our industry sometimes operates outside of traditional business hours, we believe a work-life balance is crucial to delivering strong, impactful work. Set Creative aims to create an environment where every employee feels encouraged and comfortable to bring their whole selves to work.
Our business operates in WA, NY, OR, CA, ME & MI and are only hiring applicants in those locations.
The base salary for this position at the time of this posting may range from $75,000 to $180,000. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including location, business needs, level of responsibility, experience, and qualifications.
The Interview Process
- Our team will review your application materials and will be in touch if we’d like to move forward with your candidacy. Depending on the number of applications, this may take some time.
- If we would like to move forward with your application, our HR Generalist will hop on the phone with you for 30 minutes.
- In the second round, you will interview with a member of the Client Services team for about an hour via Google Meet.
- In the third round, you will interview with a cross-functional team member(s) for about an hour via Google Meet.
- In the final round, you will interview our Director of Client Services for about an hour via Google Meet.
- You may be asked to complete an assignment relevant to the responsibilities of your role before a final decision is made.
- We will make a final decision and notify you.
We are looking for this person to start as soon as possible.